15 Delicacies you MUST Taste in Valencia (Before your Erasmus Year Ends)
Are you ready for the most mouth- watering experience ever?
Find out the secret spots to taste the best food in Valencia. When you are done, let me know if you agree with me! I am open to any suggestion!
1. The Patatas Bravas (potato) in the Central Market bar by Ricard Camarena. This secret spot in the central market hides the best bravas in Valencia. It is owned by Ricard Camarena, a chef with a Michelin star that has decided to come back to the original essence of tapas.
2. Turia beer in Ruzafa Market: Turia Märzen is a brown beer original from Valencia, which has became very popular in the past few years. Ruzafa Market hosts a stand outside the market which is perfect to taste this typical beer in the neighbourhood of Ruzafa.
3. Buñuelos in Fabian: The most amazing place to eat Buñuelos. It has nothing to do with the grassy, oily buñuelos that they sell in the street stands. However they are only served during the period of Fallas. You should also order hot chocolate to deep the ‘Buñuelos’ in.
4. ‘Arroz del Senyoret’ in La Pepica: It is one of the most emblematic places to eat ‘Paella’ in ‘La Malvarrosa Beach’. During his time in Valencia Ernest Hemingway was a regular customer and he talks about it in his book ‘To Whom the Bell Rings’.
5. Horxata in Daniel: The most traditional Horxata comes from Daniel in the town of Alboraya. Now it is also available in ‘Colon Market’. I would recommend ordering mix half iced- half normal.
6. The most amazing ‘Ensaladilla Rusa’ in La Pergola: This is one of the classical terraces that since it opened it has never stopped to be trendy. The myth of their amazing ‘ensaladilla rusa’ has passed from generation to generation.
7. Spanish Omelet in ‘Bar Alhambra’: If you are walking around Juan Llorens, you can’t miss this Spanish omelet, whether it is in a sandwich or in a plate you must taste it. My personnel recommendation is to order ‘tortilla de patata’ with onion, but that is up to each one!
8. Empanadillas in PanPan: the first time someone told me that the best ‘empanadillas’ come from this chain of bakeries I was a bit skeptical, but after I tasted them I couldn’t deny it! Whether you choose the tomato and tuna or chicken, you must taste this pastry salty snack.
9. Croquetas in Croquetea: This place specialized in croquetas has a huge variety; some of the most original flavors are chicken curry, squid in its own ink or foie, boletus and truffle. Exquisite but you also pay for it (1 croqueta costs between 4 and 5 euros)
10. Bocadillo in ‘El Rus’: best sandwiches in the city with a really wide variety of flavors. They also have different types of bread, such as Pita and cereals and the prices are fantastic!
11. Japanese Noodles in Tora Taberna: an authentic Japanese tavern that is run by a couple formed by a Japanese guy and a girl from Valencia. The first real Japanese tavern in Valencia.
12. Burguers in Mediterranea Hamburguesas: quality hamburgers with amazing ingredients such as ratatouille, walnuts or truffle oil.13. Coffee in Bluebell Coffee and Co.: It belongs originally to an American chain; this café offers only ‘Specialty coffee’ which are organic and 100% Arabica. The perfection for coffee lovers.
14. Carrot cake in ‘La Más Bonita’: This Ibiza style restaurant serves the best cakes in Valencia, especially its carrot cake is to die for. Moreover they are open during the whole day, serving from brunch in the morning to amazing cocktails made with natural fruits at night.
15. Gin Tonics in Brasa de Mar: this hip terrace just in front of ‘La Patacona’ beach serves some of the best gin-tonics in Valencia. This is the perfect terrace to chill out after a day in the beach!
I have been very kind by sharing my secret spots with you! So please if you have any other spot, please SHARE it with me!
If you can’t wait to move to Valencia to try all this amazing places, just visit Beroomers’ website, find your ideal accommodation and book! Voilà it is done… You are moving to valencia.
We hope that you enjoyed the post!
If you're looking for accommodation, remember that in Beroomers we are willing to help you in more than 50 destinations worldwide.