Where to Go Out as a Student In Valencia during the Summer?
Summer is about to start and we are already dreaming about sunsets in the beach of Ibiza and fruity cocktails in Formentera…but who said that you need to go to some tropical island to enjoy the summer?
You can feel like it is summer now in the centre of Valencia!
How? Discover the best terraces in Valencia, grab a cocktail, sit in a Balinese bed and relax!
Here there is a list of my favourite ones:
1. Ateneo Sky Bar: this stylish terrace located right in the centre of Valencia serves high quality gin tonics and cocktails. Although it is a bit expensive, it is worth to go at least once because of its views to ‘El Carmen’ neighbourhood.
Adress: Moratin 12, City Hall Square
2.La Más Bonita: Mediterranean style terrace that serves the best ecological, homemade food in the beach walk. It is perfect to enjoy some tapas after swimming in the sea. Their organic fruit smoothies are a must!
Adress: Paseo Marítimo de la Patacona 11, Alboraya
3. Brassa de Mar: This is the coolest summer terrace in ‘La Patacona’ beach, whether to take a beer during the day or a drink at night before going out. Its white Ibiza style and its amazing gin-tonics make it a MUST for the summer. Moreover, they have an agreement with ‘Las Animas del Puerto’, so remember to take discounts for the club!
Adress: Avenida Mare Nostrum 50, Alboraya
4. Las ánimas del Puerto: This is one of the largest club/ terrace in Valencia. Situated in Malvarrosa Beach area, it has 2 music atmospheres, 4 VIP areas and large chill out areas. This is the best place to dance for the whole night and end the night seeing the sun rise.
Adress: Paseo de Neptuno (no number), Las Arenas Beach
5. Umbracle: This is the trendiest summer terrace / night club at the moment. Its amazing location in the City of Arts and Science offers a stunning view of Calatrava’s architectural enclave. Although it is not a cheap club it is completely crowded with young people. It is open from Thursday to Friday.
Adress: Avenida del Saler 5, Next to City of Arts and Science
6. Akuarela: The perfect summer terrace to dance in one of its three different music atmospheres (Commercial, House and R&B, Salsa room). Its location in Malvarrosa Beach (Eugenia Viñes, 152) makes it the hotspot during summer time (from June to September). It is especially popular amongst students because it is open every day of the week and during the week the entrance is free.
Adress: Eugenia Viñes, 152 Malvarrosa Beach
7. Tapinería: In this square in the City Centre of Valencia there is always something happening. The pop- up store changes often, offering new products every week. There are always new events promoting the store and the two terraces ‘La Bernarda’ and ‘Bar & Kitchen’ are always packed.
8. El Negrito: This is a classical after-work/ study spot, located in the square with the same name as the bar (Plaza El Negrito). Although ‘El carmen’ is a very touristy area, this bar is normally crowded with locals. It is a good place to order a jar of sangria without getting totally ripped off.
Adress: Plaza del Negrito, El Carmen
I hope you have a blast visiting the different terraces in Valencia. Don’t waste time looking for a student room in Valencia… just check Beroomers and find your perfect accommodation!
We hope that you enjoyed the post!
If you're looking for accommodation, remember that in Beroomers we are willing to help you in more than 50 destinations worldwide.