FAQs for landlords
How to rent your accommodation with Beroomers
For Accommodations Providers
What you need to know about Beroomers
What advantages does Beroomers offer me? Why should I use Beroomers?
- Free listings: listing your accommodation on Beroomers is completely free of cost, so it is an excellent way to advertise your properties and increase visibility to thousands of international students.
- Increase Profitability: By listing your accommodations on Beroomers, Accommodation Providers (AP) can immediately benefit from a multilingual sales team working 24/7 to help students book their rooms online, eliminating the hundreds of emails to students and visits to the flat. Plus, thanks to our calendar system, you will be able to book rooms before your current tenants leave, making sure you keep your rooms always rented and increasing your profitability.
- Self management of your own properties: Beroomers offers providers the possibility of managing their properties directly through the site: availability, photographs, prices, etc... making it really easy to keep their flats up to date. Registering (free) on Beroomers is all it takes.
- Customer Service: We not only provide a help desk to ensure AP can list properties and manage their bookings efficiently. We also offer our AP a solid support team who will make sure students demands are taken care of, making sure no question is left unanswered.
- Safe Payment: A trustworthy platform is all what students need to be sure they can book their rooms well in advance. Thanks to Beroomers’ trusted services, AP have a complete new way of offering students a safe way to book their rooms.
Plus, providers will also have access to students’ profiles, hence having a lot more information about the students interested in their accommodations.
- Flexibility: Providers always have the last say, having the option to accept or not each booking request received.
What is our business model? How do we make money?
Beroomers charges students and young professionals the first month of their stay to book the accommodation, which will be paid to the landlord 24 hours after the tenant has checked in.
Beroomers will charge the landlord a service fee which can vary from 0% to 5% over the total contract value, depending on the destination, to be discounted of the first month rent paid by the tenant.
How can I help to rent my accommodation?
We recommend APs to make their listings as attractive as possible. Accurate descriptions of the room/flat plus information about the services in the area such as transport, supermarkets, leisure options, etc. will be of great help for the student to make the final decision of booking that accommodation. High quality pictures are always a lot more appealing too, as all of this will be visible to students.
Including the address is completely necessary for the accommodation to be correctly located on the map.
However, the exact address will not be visible to students.
Will the details of my property be visible in the website? What about the address?
Personal details will be always handled with utmost care and applying the Personal Data Protection Law in Spain (Ley Orgánica 15/1999 of December 13th).
Including the address is completely necessary for the accommodation to be correctly located on the map. However, the exact address will not be visible to students.
My listings on Beroomers
How do I list an accommodation?
To list an accommodation all you have to do is click on the following link:
(List your lodging) and complete the form there.
Can I list more than one accommodation? Absolutely, you can list as many as you like. It is completely free!
How do I edit my listings?
To edit your listing you have to enter your providers dashboard by using your username and password, where you will be able to see all the accommodations listed. From there you will be able to access each listing and implement any changes.
How can I add a new listing on the site?
To add a new listing on the site you have to enter your providers dashboard by using your username and password. Once there, click on [add a new listing] and fill in the form.
What should I do when I receive a booking request?
When a student books any of your accommodations, you will automatically receive an e-mail with all the booking details as well as the student’s profile, so you can accept or reject the booking. If 24 hours after having received the request there has been no response from the provider, we will consider it has been rejected.
In case of accepting a booking, Beroomers will block the first month rent payment in the tenant’s bank account. This amount will be paid to the accommodation provider 24 hours after the tenant has checked in, discounting Beroomers’ service fee.
How long can I take to answer a request?
Providers have a maximum of 24 hours to take a decision, but quick answers are always highly appreciated. If the request has not been answered within this time frame, it will be cancelled and the amount paid by the student will be refunded to the tenant.
Can I not accept a booking request?
Yes. Once you receive the email informing about the booking, the provider will accept or reject the booking.
Can I speak with the tenant before accepting the reservation?
No, Beroomers is there to handle everything for you, providing you the student’s profile with the booking request. Beroomers will provide all the tenants’ contact details once the booking has been completed.
Do I have any guarantee to receive the payment once the tenant has made the reservation?
Once the tenant has made the reservation, we block the money for the first month rent in his/her bank account. Therefore if a student decides to cancel before arriving to their destination, Beroomers will apply the Cancellation Policy, making sure providers receive a percentage of the amount paid by the student. This will depend on how well in advance the student cancels the booking.
How can I assure that I will receive the payment and when will I receive it?
Once the tenant has reached the accommodation and has checked in, Beroomers unlocks the payment and you will receive it in the bank account that you have provided us. You will be receiving an email to confirm the tenant has checked-in and will be reminded to facilitate your bank details so we can proceed to transfer the 1 month rent paid by the student, discounting our service fee.
What happens if the tenant does not show up or cancels in the last moment?
If a student decides to cancel before arriving to their destination, Beroomers will apply the cancellation policy, making sure providers receive a percentage of the amount paid by the student. This will depend on how well in advance the student cancels the booking.
In case of no-shows the provider will receive the payment for the first month’s rent deducting Beroomer’s service fee.
How should I proceed if a student leaves before time?
Signing tenancy agreements are important to solve these issues easily. If a student leaves before the agreed check out date, the provider has the right to keep the deposit.
What we suggest providers in these circumstances is to inform Beroomers as soon as possible to understand the reason behind the tenant’s decision to leave and so that we can start looking for another tenant to rent that room.